If you have already grown tired of waiting in line at your local DMV office, just visit http://www.dmv.com/ and find a quick solution to all your vehicle-related issues and misunderstandings. The Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles is the official government agency that deals with obtaining and renewing driver’s licenses and all other vehicle services. However, such agencies very often lack organization. Visit the dmv.com’s website at http://www.dmv.com/va-virginia
and you will have an opportunity to find all details you need concerning your vehicle and the Virginia DMV. No matter what type of vehicle you operate, this website will offer you help you out in preparing the needed documentation and forms that the DMV requires from you.
Contact your DMV offices
- Dial (866) 368-5463 to find out more about driver licensing, or (800) 435-5137 for title or registration.
- You can also send a mail at the Virginia DMV at:
Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles
P.O. Box 27412
Richmond, VA 23269
- The DMV customer service center deals with issues concerning titles, registration, licenses, commercial licenses, non-driver IDs, permits and more. Also, you can schedule your vision, knowledge and road tests at the same offices.
- The DMV select locations provide select services by collaborating with private contractors and the local government. They offer titles, registration, services, license plates, placards, requesting transcripts and voter registration applications.
- The vehicle emission inspection stations are open for vehicle inspections. The state of Virginia requires vehicle inspection only in in Northern Virginia.
Virginia DMV offices are open Monday-Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, and on Saturdays from 8:30 am to 2:30 pm. Vehicle emission inspection stations are open Monday-Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
Schedule your appointment
You can always visit your nearest DMV offices to schedule a vision, knowledge or road test, but you can also contact the DMV customer service centers for any type of appointment. Check out the official government website at http://www.dmv.state.va.us/webdoc/utilities/offices.asp to locate your nearest DMV office.